IP&MA recognizes that the success of any facility is dependent on its ability to remain on the forefront of regulation, research, and technology. To that end, IP&MA focuses considerable effort to stay informed of progress in the science of infection prevention, and contribute to that library of knowledge through publication. This is done to insure that our clients are being given solutions that are informed by the very latest in evidence based standards and practices.
- Dekay KL, Morrison C, Kennedy V, France AC, Espinoza C, Butler J, Inurria J, Shabot MM. Using Standardized Evidence Based Instrument Care Practices as Part of a Comprehensive Program to Achieve Zero Surgical Site Infections. American Journal of Infection Control. 2014 Jun 1;42(6):S112.
- Boston KM. Accrediting and Regulatory Agencies. In: Grota PG ed. APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology, 4th Edition. Washington DC: Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, 2014.
- Kennedy V, Beasley R, Illarionova Z, Butler J, Inurria J. Electronic Application Utilization for Attaining Reliable and Robust Post Discharge SSI Surveillance. American Journal of Infection Control. 2011 Jun 1;39(5):E214.
- Boston KM, Baraniuk S, O'heron S, Murray KO. Risk factors for spinal surgical site infection, Houston, Texas. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology. 2009 Sep 1;30(09):884-9.
- Murray KO, Holmes KC, Hanlon CA. Rabies in vaccinated dogs and cats in the United States, 1997–2001. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2009 Sep 15;235(6):691-5.
- Reeves WK, Murray KO, Meyer TE, Bull LM, Pascua RF, Holmes KC, Loftis AD. Serological evidence of typhus group rickettsia in a homeless population in Houston, Texas. Journal of Vector Ecology. 2008 Jun;33(1):205-7.
- Murray K, Baraniuk S, Resnick M, Arafat R, Kilborn C, Cain (Holmes) K, Shallenberger R, York TL, Martinez D, Hellums JS, Hellums D. Risk factors for encephalitis and death from West Nile virus infection. Epidemiology and infection. 2006 Dec 1;134(06):1325-32.
- Rangel R, McKeller MR, Sims-Mourtada JC, Kashi C, Cain (Holmes) K, Wieder ED, Molldrem JJ, Pham LV, Ford RJ, Yotnda P, Guret C. Assembly of the κ PreB receptor requires a Vκ-like protein encoded by a germline transcript. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2005 May 6;280(18):17807-14.
- Sims-Mourtada JC, Bruce S, Mckeller MR, Rangel R, Guzman-Rojas L, Cain (Holmes) K, Lopez C, Zimonjic DB, Popescu NC, Gordon J, Wilkinson MF. The human AKNA gene expresses multiple transcripts and protein isoforms as a result of alternative promoter usage, splicing, and polyadenylation. DNA and cell biology. 2005 May 1;24(5):325-38.